Are you struggling to see the results you were looking for with your weight loss plan? If so, you need to consider a few of the habits you currently have that could be making it very challenging to see the weight loss results you were desiring. Some people develop negative habits without even realizing these practices are influencing their results.
So, are you curious to see if you have a few of them? Here are the main ones you need to know about…
- Negative Self-Talk.The first bad habit you need to get yourself out of is negative self-talk. Take a few moments to pay attention to what you are saying to yourself day after day…
- are you beating yourself up?
- are you analyzing every mistake you make?
- are you making hurtful comments to your friends about how you look?
Any negativity is only going to bring you down. Start replacing any negative talk about yourself with positive statements and watch what that does to your mind frame.
- Mindless Eating.Do you often eat in front of the computer? Do you sit down to dinner in front of the TV? If so, this could be contributing to weight gain.
Distracted eating is one of the worst habits you can get into. It’s mostly taking the focus off the type of food you are eating and putting it onto an outside source. The result is you finish eating your meal or snack and don’t get the psychological satiety the meal or snack should have provided. Not paying attention to the food you have chosen to eat could, in turn, lead to ongoing cravings, causing you to eat more than you should.
In some severe cases, an individual may not even realize they are eating until they are finished their plate of food – or have eaten their way through the box of cookies!
Be present when you eat. Pay attention to each bite and taste the food. You’ll be a lot more satisfied because of this action.
3. Lack Of A Clear Vision. Finally, make sure you have a clear vision. Are you just going about your weight loss plan aimlessly? Do you know what it is you are looking to achieve?
If you don’t have a firm picture of what you want to achieve planted in your brain, think about it until you do. When you have the vision, it will give you laser-sharp focus that will make it much easier to stay motivated.
Check your habits. Are you making any of these mistakes?
Although managing your disease can be very challenging, Type 2 diabetes is not a condition you must just live with. You can make simple changes to your daily routine and lower both your weight and your blood sugar levels. Hang in there, the longer you do it, the easier it gets.